Now that I am almost fully settled back in the UK, it’s time to set some crafting goals to get things moving forward. Here’s what I planned for this month:
1. Re-photograph my Etsy items. After receiving some important feedback from some of my Etsy team members, I decided to go through each of my Etsy listings and improve the photographs. With a new hand-me-down camera, I have managed to get some much better pictures! This will be an ongoing task over the next 2-3 months as listing expire and get renewed.
2. List 50 new items in my Etsy Destash store. At the start of the year I decided to open a new Etsy store to shift some of my stitching stash that I no longer have room for. Patterns, fabric, books and other crafting materials are taking up space that I can’t afford to lose now that we are in a much smaller house.
3. Release one new Cross Stitch Pattern. When I started designing my own patterns, my goal was to release one new one every month, but I kind of fell behind with that. Time to get back on the horse. I have loads of new ideas and can’t wait to get them out there in the public space.
4. Continue making more Lavender and Chamomile hanging ornaments/sachets. My new product for 2014, and one I need to make a big impact with. Lots more stock needs to be completed.
5. Make some new designs for a set of Christmas Ornaments using my Fabric Swatch designs. This idea is still in its infancy, and is low priority compared with the other goals.
As of today, I have made some new Lavender and Chamomile Ornaments, taken lots of new pictures, and am well on the way to having a new pattern completed. I have not started the listings for my Etsy Destash Store yet. That will be a priority over the next two weeks, as I have had some sales from that store and need to get my stock level back up again.
Let’s see what the next couple of weeks bring, shall we?